Friday 31 October 2008

Homeward Bound

Home where my thought's escaping,
Home where my music's playing,
Home where my love lies waiting
Silently for me.




On my way home, over the border and all the way down the east coast of England by train, to my man and my cats! Have had a splendid time, more of which - perhaps - later. For the moment, my main concern is that a character from some CreatureFeature has come to sit beside me. He hasn't had a bath in a very long time. His apparel is totally post-Holocaust, down to the oddly Guns-n-Roses bandana he wears. He bends his head to within a few inches of my laptop screen when he sees something that interests him on the monitor. He also just took out a block of cheddar, the size of half a house brick, and knife about eight inches long to cut it. Maybe he's on the Atkins Diet too! It's going to be an interesting journey. Still, I'm having an M&S tinned gin and tonic for breakfast, so that will help with any social awkwardness. Unfortunately there should have been a second refreshing G&T too but I seem to have left it in my sister's fridge.

Scary neighbour was charming when I asked him to let me squeeze past and go to the toilet. He moved his dozen plastic bags with great care and infinite slowness. He's now asleep and sprawled over his seat and half of mine, muttering got three of them and midget. He isn't at all keen on that "midget". Earlier, he was explaining loudly to himself that "they" dry out ordinary teabags and inject them. With what, I wonder? We may never know. I'm not waking him up to find out.

Instead, I shall marvel at how pretty this stretch of the Berwickshire coastline is and take pictures on my phone since I have broken Queer Royale's camera.
KX asap, please!

No comments: